This fall, we will be organizing new elections for “Division Coordinators” (DCs)! A Division Coordinator is a democratically elected union representative of RAs in a department. Our goal is to have a DC for every department at Stony Brook that has RAs, and 2 DCs for departments with more than 50 RAs. Below you will find a list of the current DCs, and below that you’ll find a job description. If you are an RA from an unrepresented department and are interested in hearing more about the position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electrical Engineering – Zhichao Chen – email@example.com
Geosciences – Caitlin Young – firstname.lastname@example.org
Physiology and Biophysics – Ana Santa Cruz – email@example.com
Physics – Betül Pamuk – firstname.lastname@example.org
Physics – Yi Gu – email@example.com
Pharmacology – Tiffany Tsui – firstname.lastname@example.org
RA Division Coordinator Responsibilities:
(an estimated 5 hours per month.)
1) Eventually recruit the next Division Coordinator (DC) for your department,
2) Attend and turn people out to the monthly RA Union Assemblies,
3) Attend and turn people out to RA Union events,
4) Relay information via email and Facebook to the RAs in your department,
5) Once a month, go door-to-door for an hour in your department to give updates to RAs in your department,
6) Let the other union leaders on campus know if members in your department are experiencing any problems that the union might be able to address.